Photo by Lisa ShinHarvest the health benefits. Whip up a delicious remedy for high BP in your blender. In a new Spanish study, people who ate about 1 ...
The reason? Tomatoes, the main ingredient in this summer classic, contain carotenoids, vitamin C, and polyphenols—antioxidants that can raise levels of nitric oxide, a molecule that helps blood vessels dilate.
The olive oil and other vegetables in gazpacho have similarly beneficial effects, the study found.
Here’s what you’ll need for a quick, easy gazpacho:
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, cored
- 1 cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
How to make it:
Chop the vegetables roughly, then blend all the ingredients in a food processor to a rough puree. Season with salt and pepper, chill, and eat. Want more delicious summer recipes? Check out Guy Gourmet.
If you liked this story, you’ll love these:
- The Easiest Way to Beat High Blood Pressure
- 7 Steps to Reduce Stroke Risk
- 5 Causes for High Blood Pressure